Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Tamil Kalyana Kavithai

jailbird

(thanks to http://mirumir.blogspot.com/ )
You know the looting in New Orleans the day after the hurricane? The riots, the threat of summary execution, the situation unmanageable.
Here: This jailbird 73 years old and spent 16 days in jail on charges of stealing food worth $ 63.

"The Tuesday after the hurricane had a lot 'of water, we were at the Motel Six, and they had quite a bit' of water. Then I went down to get some 'water for the toilet. Then I went down and there was so many people, I went by car to charge the phone and take the sausage that I kept in the trunk.
Well, I saw several people, but I did not know what was happening. So I got my sausage and I have looked around and saw a policeman. She called me, 'come here', and I went. I approached him and told me that those things came from a shop and I was sacked.
First of all, know, I did not know what it meant to loot, so I said 'I did not go in any store. are not entered by force in store. And God is my witness, I did not go in any store. ' You know, I am diabetic, why should I go to steal from a store? "

But it is also accused of stealing beer:
" First, do not drink. I had no beer. I always have a cooler box in the trunk. I always bring food into the trunk. All those who know me know that I keep the food in the trunk when I go somewhere. I went to take the rest of the food to feed my husband. I have a husband of 80 years and I had left over when I was arrested, I have not seen until last Friday. "

" They took me to Gretna where I think I was about a week from Tuesday to Tuesday, in Gretna. From there they took me to the bus station or train station, and there I slept on the floor all night. We wanted to say - I wanted to say where I would take her. Simply continued to carry around. The next morning they put me on a bus and so they took me to Saint Gabriel [the state penitentiary], and there I remained until Friday. "

The security was $ 50,000, but it seems that the court has pity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment